Friday, November 6, 2009

Beer

I only recently started drinking beer. In fact, I've been drinking it for less than a year. I never liked it and I will always consider myself a whiskey gal. However, earlier this year, a friend and I went to a chocolate and beer tasting. I thought the chocolate would help smooth my way into beer-drinking-dom, or something. It helps that the chocolate was Vosges and the beer was Rogue (coincidentally, these company names sound extremely similar). Anywho, the beer was excellent and the pairings made me enjoy beer for the first time.

Personal Anecdote Alert!: My brothers drank a lot of beer (like, a lot) so I used to have a bottle of Dead Guy Ale when I was younger because I like skeletons and things. To make a long story short (I know, "Too Late!"), I kept an empty bottle of glow-in-the-dark Dead Guy Ale on my shelf for years, which means that it was fate that Rogue would be my first good beer experience.

I saw this article about Lowenbrow boxes becoming the "bricks" of a new library in Germany. Obviously, it didn't last for long, but the memories will go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment